NEWS

Friday 31 August 2012

Trey Songz Scores First No. 1 on Billboard 200

Move over 2 Chainz. There’s a new king of the charts. Trey Songz earns his first-ever No. 1 on the Billboard 200 this week with Chapter V.

The R&B heartthrob’s fifth album sold 135,000 copies in its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. While it marks his best chart position to date, it wasn’t enough to top the sales of his previous album Passion, Pain & Pleasure, which moved 240,000 units in September 2010.

A grateful Trey thanked his fans in a letter. “I just want to say thank you for another opportunity to give each of you a part of me,” he wrote. “I promise to love, I commit to make a difference, and I will never take you for granted.”

Last week’s chart-topper 2 Chainz falls to No. 2 this week after selling 48,000 copies, bringing his two-week total to 195,000.

Elsewhere on the chart, DJ Khaled debuts at No. 4 (41,000) with his star-studded set Kiss the Ring featuring the singles “Take It to the Head” and “I Wish You Would.” His 2011 Cash Money debut We the Best Forever sold 53,000 copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment