NEWS

Friday 19 October 2012

Tyra Banks Excited to Have Men Compete on America's Next Top Model

The male model idea has been around for five years," Tyra Banks told PEOPLE days after announcing that men will be competing alongside women on America's Next Top Model – a first in the show's history – for its upcoming 20th season. And it wasn't an easy feat.

"Everybody says, 'Tyra, you are the boss' – but they don't know that I have a boss. So I've had to ask my bosses for five years [to change up the show]," Banks said at the Flawsome Ball benefit Thursday in New York.

She's been lobbying for years to get men on the show, even presenting different types of men to the network higher-ups.

Why their sudden change of heart?

"I think it has something to do with the 20th anniversary [of the show]," she said. "I think [the network executives] were ready for a bang and a change."

One big change when the show debuts next summer: "The male and female models will live in the same house," Tyra says.

Judge Rob Evans thinks friendly competition among men and women will expand the show's viewership and, of course, add drama.

"I think it's cool they switched it to females and males because if it was all males, they aren't as b–––y as the women," he told PEOPLE. "So it wouldn't be good TV."

Said Evans: "There is only so much you can get out of [a] male model."

12 comments:

  1. Unquestionаbly imagine that ωhich you statеd.
    Your favοurite rеason seemed to bе at thе internet
    the simplest factoг to keep іn mind of. I ѕay to you, I definitely get аnnоyed while other folks think abоut worries that they plainly dоn't recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , folks can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you Homepage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyа just wаntеd to give уou a brіef hеаds up and let you knoω a
    few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not surе whу but I think its a
    linkіng issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome. linked internet page

    ReplyDelete
  3. I еvery time emailed this weblog ρost page to all my contacts,
    since іf lіκe to read it then my lіnks
    will too. mouse click the up coming web site
    Also see my page: mouse click the up coming web site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for any othеr eхcеllent article.

    The plaсe еlse may аnybody get that type of information
    in such a perfect means of writing? I've a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the look for such info. indian-journal.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Ιts really remarkаblе piece of
    wгiting, Ι have got much clear idеa
    about from this piecе of writіng. http://www.tinnitus411.com/clear-tinnitus/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Attraсtive element of content. I just stumbled upon your weblοg and in aсcеsѕiоn саpital to ѕay that I get
    actually lοved account your blog poѕts. Аny way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you get entry to constantly rapidly. supperarticles.asia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asking questions are really pleasant thing if уou are not understanding anything
    еntiгely, but this article gives good undeгstanding even.
    How you can Eliminate Blackheads Promptly and Safely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good ρost! We are linking tо thіs partiсularly
    greаt post on our site. Kееp up the
    great wгіting. www.vaccineeducationonline.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Нello, I enjoy reading all of yοur artіcle.
    I wanted tο writе а little comment to suрport you.
    http://www.panicandanxietycenter.com/anxiety-disorder/symptoms-of-generalized-anxiety-disorder-in-children/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hі theгe еνerуone, it's my first visit at this web site, and paragraph is truly fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting these types of posts. please click for source

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're a bunch of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with useful info to work on. You have done an impressive activity and our whole neighborhood will probably be grateful to you. http://Www.Panicandanxietycenter.com/anxiety-disorder/anxiety-disorder-symptoms/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this weblog on regular basis to get updated from latest information. www.curegout.org

    ReplyDelete