NEWS

Monday 22 October 2012

D’Banj Reveals The Only Thing That Will Make Him Work With Don Jazzy Again

In a major interview post ‘Mo Hits, DB/Good Music/Mercury/IDJ artiste, Dapo Oyebanjo popularly called D’banj, sought to lay to rest various allegations and rumors being peddled about him, in an exclusive interview he granted a Lagos State based radio station, Cool FM.
The artiste, who lists Why Me as his break out song, also spoke on chances of reconciling with former partner and friend, Don Jazzy. Asked if there were chances that both parties may reconcile, he said “We can always work together and Don Jazzy still produced some songs on my forthcoming album. Yes we can work together in future. Maybe a big company can pay a lot of money for us to perform and yes it has to be a lot of money for me.”
Although the separation remains fresh in the minds of the public since the break-up in March this year, the singer appeared to still be nursing the wounds. He appeared overwhelmed with emotions when the interviewer referred to Don Jazzy as his friend. To this he went metaphorical saying, “What do you guys call friends, I mean I had friends for nine years and you guys saw what happened after the divorce. I lost custody of my children (signees) apart from the one I had out of wedlock.”
D’banj also said he was boss of defunct MoHits Record by claiming that it was his record label D’Banj (DB) Records that went into partnership with Kanye West’s G.O.O.D and not Mo’Hit.
Ever since the singer was officially signed on to West’s G.O.O.D Music label in July 2011, he was rumoured to have joined the dreaded Iluminati Cult, which is alleged to be home to a number of American celebrities, including West.
In defence, D’banj said, “I don’t know anything about the Illuminati. When I wanted to travel out of Nigeria for the first time, I collected my international passport from Bishop David Oyedepo. That shows that I owe my success to God. If my success is too fast for people or they cannot understand it, please don’t attribute it to illuminati. I feel very offended when that is being said because it simply translates to giving God’s glory to another person which He does not share with anyone. God will strike anyone who attributes my success to someone else.”
To the allegations of an existing relationship with Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji, he said, “I am very single, and Genevieve is my friend. I have been saying this for over a year since we shot the Fall in Love video. Can’t you people just see fine boy and fine girl in a video kissing each other and not think anyhow?”
Although the singer who released his debut album, No Long Thing in 2005, was recently featured on West’s Cruel Summer CD inlay and a couple of other singles, he has been criticized for ‘leaving his kingship in Nigeria to become a prince in America.’
Amidst laughter, Dbanj replied, “Did I change the crown? I only carried my crown to the US. People are just confused, but the truth is I am still a king wherever I am. Being in a different country and culture I had to study the environment which is what I am still doing. I actually thought I would release my album in America, but my label thought UK would be better because I have a bigger fan base there. I weighed my options, remember everything did not come from me, so I had to do what I did to move on.”
The singer, who revealed that his mother allowed him to travel to the UK in 2002 with a condition that he would spend just two months there, describes social media network as platform for idle talk.
“I am too busy for social media, please. If you people want to talk to me go to TV or radio I don’t go to social media except I have something to say. I never give out recharge cards on Twitter (laughs) even when I was with Globacom, I never did that. If you want to do that why not help a charity instead.”

No comments:

Post a Comment