NEWS

Thursday 18 October 2012

Dino Melaye’s Wife Wades Into His Pregnancy Scandal

Former Kogi lawmaker, Dino Melaye is in the news again, this time for allegedly impregnating Yoruba actress Bisi Ibidapo Obe, among other rumours concerning his sexual escapades.

In a recent magazine interview, Bisi Ibidapo Obe accused the ACN member of impregnating her, then later asking her to get an abortion.
According to the actress, she met Melaye in April through a friend, Lola Alao. “We got to know each other and at a point I was scared because he was all over me. Over time, he showed me he meant well and we became good friends. Somehow, one thing led to the other and we started dating. He appeared nice, loving and showed me a lot of affection” she said.

The affair reportedly continued, but Ibidapo-Obe says while she was on a trip in Canada with fellow actresses Foluke Daramola and Moji Olaiya, she began noticing certain symptoms, prompting her to take a pregnancy test: “I can remember that it was Moji Olaiya that went to buy the pregnancy kit that later confirmed I was pregnant. Immediately, I called Dino in Nigeria and shared the news with him. He was excited about it and he told me he was looking forward to seeing me in Lagos soon. When I returned, he received me with joy and on an occasion he took me to his hometown, Kabba in Kogi State. He told me he wanted to marry me. He was so nice to me.”

Bisi claims they planned a big society wedding, only for the controversial politician to renege a few weeks later, saying he couldn’t go ahead with it as planned because his parents were clerics and it was against their practice to marry a pregnant bride, therefore she had to abort the pregnancy. “I was shocked. I wept uncontrollably all night” she said.

Bisi refused to abort the pregnancy, causing a rift with Melaye, who she says refused to see her or return her calls. She says friends who were sent to speak and plead with him to reconsider his decision didn’t make him change his mind.

“Since June, Dino, never showed, he never came. He stopped picking my calls. But each time I tried to call him with another mobile number, he would pick the call, but as soon as he finds out I’m the one on the phone he will drop it. I have not wronged Dino, I have only chosen to do what is right to me but he sees it differently. I’m no longer a kid. It’s painful that such action is coming from a man who claims he loves the masses, the oppressed people of this country and he is oppressing me. “My fate is in the hands of God and He will see me through. I have not been working to earn any money but I have found favour before God and a couple of my friends. I know I’m not alone in this. God is with me” she concluded.

Reacting to the allegations, the former house of assembly member branded Bisi Ibidapo Obe a ‘serial liar’, asking friends and family not to be bothered by the rumours:

“I am not disturbed about slanderers, I also counsel my beloved friends not to be worried at all over this [sic] wicked lies from the pit of hell. I am more than capable to tackle liars and claimants. I am not distracted a bit about this joke and imaginary creation of a serial liar. Am not her 1st victim and may not be the last. Matthew 5:11-12 is clear. No slowing down, no loitering, no parking.”

But in a swift response, one Moses Yomi Fabiyi, who claims to be Dino’s in-law is drumming up support for Bisi on twitter:
@mosesfabiyi: I am Barr. Moses Yomi Fabiyi from Ekinrin Adde in Ijumu LGA in Kogi State. Dino happened to represent my constituency in the NASS

@mosesfabiyi: While in the house….he was busy buying the latest and exotic luxurious cars at the expense of giving back to the pple who sent u there

@mosesfabiyi: Little wonder the PDP refused 2give him ticket 2re run wc made him decamp to ACN & lost woefully on that platform. Seeing how things turned.

@mosesfabiyi: Gals! Don’t be deceived by Dino Melaye’s lies…nigga is legally married to my sister (Tokunbo Melaye, née Fabiyi) & they hv 3 adorable kids. When u see Dino Melaye…. Tell him a certain Moses said he shd go fix his mess b4 coming to tell others how to rule Nigeria.

In no time came yet another reaction, this time from Dino’s wife, Tokunbo Melaye, who, sources say, initially berated her husband publicly. She however seemed to have had a change of heart, as she stood by her man in spite of the allegations:

@ToksMel: I am solidly behind my Hubby. No shaking and pls! Enough with all the rumour mongering!

@ToksMel: As my Mum – Deaconess Fabiyi- will say ” Tokunbo, be a Fool for Jesus”……..I love you Mum. I miss you. Come back soon.
Source: The NET

No comments:

Post a Comment