NEWS

Saturday 25 August 2012

My Husband Thought I Was A Call Girl When We Met – Oge Okoye

Nollywood Actress Oge Okoye, the pretty, curvy and talented A-list Nollywood actress is known to be down to earth in everything. The mother of two spoke with AJIBADE ALABI in this exclusive interview on her career, marriage and the things that make her unique among her peers in Nollywood, while sharing what her immediate plans are. Excerpts.

What is the secret of your youthful look even after two kids?
I am slim naturally and I exercise a lot, especially in the first three months after childbirth to stay in shape. I do all kinds of exercise from cycling to normal stretching. I would exercise twice a day before but now I do it once

Why did you choose to have your baby in London?
I feel more at ease in London than any other country. Don’t forget that I was born there too. Besides, I want a better life for my kids.

Is it because of their citizenship?
Yes of course. I am a Briton too. I just want a good life for them when they get older. It will enable them to move around the world freely without hiccups. I believe they will have a better life with British citizenship.

Are you saying you don’t believe in Nigerian citizenship?
I just know that the step I took for my kids on their nationality is the best for them; I know what I am doing honestly. Nigeria is a good country and there is hope of it becoming better but I have my reasons. All my kids will have British citizenship.

How do you feel now that you are blessed with both male and female children?
I am so happy and thankful to the Almighty God for making me a complete woman. You know, the joy of every mother is to have a baby boy and a baby girl. We first had a boy and now a girl. We couldn’t have asked for more. I feel so great.

How do you intend to cope with the pressure of raising two kids, considering your career as an actress?
That is not an issue at all. When I had my first baby I got a lot of help from my mum and my domestic staff. I never allowed the movie thing to affect the mother-child relationship with my baby. I always came back early to make sure he is okay, though my mum was around to look after him till he get older. My children’s care can never suffer because of my career.

As much as the job is important, the home front is of foremost importance to me. I blend the two perfectly, such that none of it suffers for the other.

My baby boy is grown now and he goes to school. When I returned from my maternity leave, I worked only in Lagos because my baby was still very young but now I can do some works outside Lagos because she is no longer a baby. Having two kids is not an issue for me.

Are you excited now that you are on back on location?
I am finding it good and better every day.  It is a job I love to do, so back to the job gives me a lot of joy. Before I left the country for my antenatal in London, I had more than nine scripts and I was hoping I could do the movies before I left but it wasn’t too easy for me.

Some of the movies have been shot already while some producers insisted I just have to play my role as soon as I am delivered of my baby. So, now that I have had my baby, I don’t have a choice than to hit the movie location as soon as possible.

Can you imagine that I returned to Nigeria in November 2011, by December 1, 2011, I was back on location because I enjoy doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment