NEWS

Saturday 10 November 2012

Forget My Marriage; I Will Flaunt My Boobs How I Want –Busty Actress

She is a delectable actress that sparkles on and off the screen. Busty, gorgeous and gifted, multi-talented Jennifer Eliogu, who experienced a stellar rise to stardom via acting, is one actress who has remained relevant in the make-believe world for over 16 years and still counting.

Today, her tentacles cut across acting, producing, script writing, singing, motivational speaking, events anchoring alongside her Non-Governmental Organisation’s activities. However, despite wearing an ever-cheerful mien, Eliogu is a woman with ‘a lot’ on her heart.

She painstakingly speaks for the first time on sundry issues, especially the trending marriage break up, among other hot issues. Enjoy it:

Currently, you are no longer a constant face on screen; what is really happening?
There is nothing happening. It’s just that there are so many complications in the industry. Besides, at a point I got married and relocated From Nigeria to Switzerland. And basically, I have gotten to a level in the industry where I don’t have to feature in every movie just because I want to stay relevant. What matters to me right now are storylines and then the casts. So if a job comes with a good storyline and a commensurate pay, I will definitely take part - emphasis now is on stories that add value. Unfortunately, it’s either that such stories don’t come often or they don’t come with the right fees. In recent times you have a lot of movies that don’t add values to lives...
What has life taught you over the years?
So much! Life has taught me to put my trust in God and God alone. After God, the only people I trust are my family members because they are the ones I can open up to, they are the ones I can tell all my problems and they either criticize me constructively or they encourage me in whatever I choose to do. So life has taught me to trust only God and my family.

The issue of your marriage breakup has been in the news; why have you not come out to set the record straight? The truth is when I got married, I didn’t call anybody; when I was in that relationship, I didn’t tell the world. When I got married, I only invited a few friends who came to witness the wedding. Have you ever seen my husband’s picture anywhere? You won’t because we want a private life; a life away from the movie and the press. I chose to keep it that way. I will not dignify people by running to press to respond to all that are said about me. 
A lot of things are being said about me - some true, some false. If I haven’t been in the habit of debunking everything they have been saying about me, why now? I have a right to my privacy and I want to keep it that way. People are free to insinuate, and speculate, but the truth remains the truth, while lies remain lies. It only takes time.

But this issue has been lingering
And since then what has changed? I’m still me; I’m still concentrating and I’m still doing positive things.
A lot of your fans would really want to know if your marriage is still intact?
I don’t own them that! What I own them is to continue to shoot good films, adding values to lives-that I will keep doing but my private life remains private.

We are just being concerned, it was reported that he abandoned you for a Swiss woman and we wondered if you were not good enough for him? Like I said, I have a right to my private life and I will not discuss my private life - not with you or with any other person. Looking at a woman, you can tell whether she is happy or not and I know that I’m a happy woman…are you not seeing I’m happy?

So how are the two children coping?
They are blessed, and are doing wonderfully well.

How are they coping?
Coping with what?

Coping with the absence of their dad.
You really think you are smart? Listen, like I said earlier on, I’m a happy woman, and my children are doing beautifully well and their father as well is doing well; whatever insinuations you have, whatever speculations, it’s unfortunate that I don’t care, I have a right to my privacy and please let’s discuss something else.

But what actually led to that rumour?
You are in a better position to tell me because you are a press man. I don’t know where you heard it, I don’t know where it came from. I don’t know why you are still dwelling on this, you can go and find out where and how because you are the investigator.

Most celebrity marriages seem to have one problem or the other; what do you think is the major cause?
I don’t know what causes problems in other people’s homes! I don’t live with them so I don’t see how I’m supposed to know. It’s unfortunate that marriages are breaking up, but it’s not synonymous with the industry. It happens in every sector. When two people are not compatible or having misunderstandings, there might be break up, sometimes they make up eventually and sometimes they don’t. But asking me what the problem is, is what I don’t know. I think it’s just the devil at work.

Apart from the issue of compatibility and the devil being at work, don’t you think there might be something else?I keep to myself a lot. The friends I have don’t even know where I live and I don’t know where they live. We meet at events, we go to some occasions together, and we talk on phones. I don’t pry into peoples’ affairs unless they open up to me. I don’t pry into other peoples’ affair because I don’t appreciate them prying into mine.

What is the best advice you’ve ever received and who gave it to you?
I’ve received so many beautiful advice, one of them that I will never forget came when I got married. Aside the normal gifts from her, she gave me a letter in an envelope and said to me ‘don’t open it until you get home and then when you want to open it, make sure you open it with your husband’. The letter contained a plain sheet of paper, pencil, eraser, and a small letter on another paper. I was wondering what is this suppose to mean and then when I opened the letter, it read: “My beloved, I advice that anytime you have problems and you are very angry, do not write with an ink because you can’t erase it, but write with a pencil from this plain sheet and when that anger goes away, and you are sober, take your eraser and clean it off. In that way, you don’t carry yesterday’s anger into another day”. I cried after reading it because I didn’t think anybody could give me such an advice, and to a large extent, I tried to practice it.
From what you are saying, does it mean your marriage is still intact?
Next question please, move away from my family!

You are busty and a lot of people see you as someone who flaunts what she has; have you changed?
No! I have not changed. Flaunting means different things; I don’t know your idea of flaunting. If dressing the way I like is what you mean, then the answer is no because I haven’t changed. I still have to look as good as I want to depending on where I’m going, depending on my mood, and depending on the occasion.

After two kids, you are still this beautiful and charming; what could be the secret?
In the first place, I give God the glory for creating me the way He did. You can’t change yourself, so you just learn to appreciate yourself for who you are. I look like my mother, and I also took after her in terms of voice. There is no secret; I don’t even have cosmetics range that I use.

I’m tempted to ask how old are you?
If I tell you how old I am, you might not even believe it. Some people think I’m older, while others think I’m younger. I think people lie about their ages when they don’t have much and they are looking forward to having. If you truly have much, you have no reason lying about your age. So as for me, I haven’t done badly; I give God the glory.

What do you have to say about a certain picture of yours that exposes a bit of your boobs which keeps resurfacing on the internet?
It’s unfortunate that I have nothing to say. People should just get a life; I have moved on, so I expect people to move on as well.

Considering your beauty and how sexy you look, one wonders how you cope with admirers?
Even the ugly ones still have a lot of male admirers. It doesn’t matter what a woman looks like, there is always someone who sees something beautiful about her. And men will always make passes, it is a natural thing. It depends on what one wants as a woman. And I think I handle it well, I try to be as friendly as I have to be, and maybe my approach makes them go away like that. Every woman is beautiful, even the ones you feel nobody can make passes at, people still make passes at them. How many men are you going to date no matter how beautiful you are? I feel good when you say I’m beautiful, that means God has done a wonderful job on me.

What about your fellow women that are attracted to you?
I’ve never been a lesbian. Sometimes, I don’t hold it against them because I see them as having psychological problems. In as much as I don’t cast them away, I also don’t keep them as friends. I don’t condemn them; it’s not for anybody to judge. Some people has just found themselves in that position, being trapped in that situation, so I don’t think it’s something you say ‘okay kill the person’, some people need counseling, because some went into it through rebellion, some through frustration, looking for acceptance, some were lured to it, whichever way it is, it’s a problem and I don’t think the best thing to do is to celebrate it. I think it demands prayer.

Now that your man might not be close to you, how do you cope with your sexual feelings whenever it comes?Don’t be too rude! Can you please move to another thing! A woman is a woman; we know how we cope with our feelings when it comes.

Share with us, how women generally cope with such kind of feelings
No I won’t. This is a private thing. But somehow, we get over it. If you make it an issue, it becomes an issue. If you allow the thought to dwell, it dwells. When you are occupied with a lot of things, you give no room to the devil.

By JAMES EMMANUEL
for Entertainment Express

No comments:

Post a Comment