NEWS

Saturday 30 August 2014

Jarrid Wilson: An Open Letter To Justin Bieber

Dear Justin,

It’s crazy to watch so many news and media outlets tear apart your character, all due to your recent arrest for drunk driving. And while many might think it’s justifiable due to your actions, I have personally withheld myself from posting anything on my own social channels. Not because I think you’re innocent or blameless, but because you deserve forgiveness regardless of what you have done wrong. It’s what Jesus would have done.

Let’s be honest. Some of your actions have been pretty stupid and childish, but haven’t we all done some stupid stuff in life? I know I have. My past is filled with some serious darkness. One time in High School, I almost got arrested for drawing inappropriate images on a driveway with shaving cream. I thought it was funny, but the local cops and neighborhood watch didn’t agree with me.

Just because you’ve made some horrible decisions, doesn’t mean you’re outside the love of God. And while many people might think your actions contradict your claim of following Jesus, let’s not forget that all of us fall short on a daily basis. We all screw up. The only difference between you and these people who are judging you, is that their mistakes aren’t publicized for the world to see. You’re definitely living a more complicated life than most, and I commend you for that. I don’t know if I could personally handle it all.

I’m sorry people are being so rude, malicious, and vulgar towards you and your family. I can’t imagine how much pressure you face each day. I can’t imagine how much the paparazzi must hound your personal space. And I can’t imagine how much of your personal life has been taken away from you, all for the sake of publicity and fame.

Call me your Christ-following brother from another mother. I believe your heart still knows the love of God. I believe you’re an all-around good guy. And I will continue to believe in you even if the rest of the world stops. Feel free to hit me up any time you’d like. I got your back, and will continue to pray that God provides for you and your family.

Just because you’re Justin Bieber, doesn’t mean you don’t deserve forgiveness.

Don’t let the tabloids or news-headlines bring you down. Remember, the Apostle Paul killed Christians before becoming one, and Jesus still forgave him. You’re still loved by God, and you’re still forgiven for your mistakes. Embrace HIM.

Extending a hand of grace,

Jarrid Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment